Knit Meter

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tale of Two Socks

Technically it should be the tale of four socks

I had two balls of sock yarn - different colours and manufacturers - let's call them a and b. And two different sock knitting patterns - 1 and 2.

I had decided to knit pattern 2 with yarn b which left pattern 1 to knit with yarn a. Which I did, way back in in February. Except I didn't like the way it looked. Yarn a was Trekking XXL and although self-striping it was a variegated type so blended into the stripes and just didn't look right for a pattern developed especially for self-striping yarns. So I frogged what I had done and decided to work pattern 2 with the yarn instead so then I worked pattern 1 with yarn b.

So two pairs of socks later, I decide I don't like pattern 1 mainly due to the yarn I had chosen.

It is rather dull and would have looked better in the original pattern.

Here they are, artistically posed no top of a scarf I had knitted - details to follow.

No comments: