Knit Meter

Monday, January 18, 2010

Last of the Dishcloths

When I had finished December's dishcloths I started on the ones I had missed during the year. There were three. One I had unpicked and not restarted and the other two had been "clued" when I was away.

This was the one I had started and given up, I think because it was too big. So this time I cast on less stitches to work 2 pattern repeats instead of 3 and worked slightly fewer rows. the pattern was originally for a washcloth and I think it would work well for that; not that I have ever made a washcloth. (Face flannel for the UK readers.)




Don't you love this one? It's not very big and works fine for washing-up but not cleaning but who cares when it is cute. Added bonus it takes very little yarn.



This is the last one. it is hard to see what it says when you see it in the flesh so I don't know how well you will be able to see in this photograph. It says Thank You and the other part is supposed to be a rose.




I have decided not to make the dishcloths from the Yahoo Group this year. After all how many cloths does one house need? But I doubt it will be the end for knitting dishcloths. I still have some balls of yarn untouched as well as a load of left overs. Despite having made this decision, I had to stop myself from buying dishcloth cotton in Zellers just because it was on sale.

No comments: