Knit Meter

Friday, March 28, 2014

Finished Friday

No knitting or crochet projects to show but I do have a number of sewing projects to show off. No surprise that they are all bags. This was going to be a photo heavy post but I was wondering what a button on the photo editing softwear did and it made collages. So here it is, a collage of all the bags I have made recently.



When I made this bag I commented that I was sure that I would make more. I found some shiny material that seemed ideal for a reversible bag by using the right and wrong side of the fabric. The original pattern calls for half-yard of each of two fabrics. I bought two yards. Not surprisingly I had loads of the fabric leftover so I made a reversible drawstring bag. This is different from the other drawstring bags I made as it has a square base and the drawstring is at the top. I purchased ribbon for the drawstring and a toggle.

In this post I showed off my pyramid bag and said I had made other bags. At the top right of the photo you can see the larger pyramid bag I made. I made a tab to cover the bottom of the zipper but after I cut the piece of fabric, I noticed if I folded it just so, I could get a complete cat. So it is bigger than a tab should be. Husband said he liked the tab as it helped with closing the zipper. The bigger bag has a handle made from the same fabric as the lining.

The bags on the bottom and middle right I made for my friend Clair's birthday. Check out her cool stitch markers at Purple Gecko Studio . I used the same fabric for each bag. I wanted the same colour zippers for each bag but they didn't do the colour in the smaller size so I was very pleased with myself that I sewed in a longer zipper and cut to size.

And then, of course, I had to make another bag for myself. I wanted a box bag for all my knitting notions to replace a bag I had stupidly decided I didn't need any more. It is the right size but probably would have been better with more interfacing.

I think that's all my recent sewing to show off. Although it won't be the last of making bags. I still have enough of the shiny material to make one, if not two, bags. And I have some fat quarters waiting.

No comments: