Knit Meter

Saturday, January 17, 2015

From Last Year

I have a couple of projects from last year to show plus some yarn I purchased.

Firstly socks. I am not knitting socks so much now but I still have some sock yarn and if I like the challenge in the Sock Knitters Anonymous Group I will join in. I had some sock yarn that I had purchased a while ago for the edging on a shawl (which I still need some photos so I can show it off). When I decided that it was not right and I bought some different yarn I now had a skein of sock yarn that needed to become something. One of the challenges for November 2014 was slipped stitches so that seemed a good opportunity to use the yarn and I chose a pattern that I owned.



Yarn is Footloose from Forbidden Woolery and the pattern is Slip-stitch Cable Socks from the Little Box of Socks. I changed the heel to a horseshoe heel from The Sock Knitter's Workshop.

Also in December I finished some fingerless mitts for my husband. His hands get very cold even here in Southern California so I made him some mitts with yarn left over from a different project. (Um yes another project that needs a good photograph.)



The yarn is Afghan Hound by Fiber Hound, a gorgeous merino/silk mix with great stitch definition. The pattern is by Ysolda Teague.

And now some fun yarn that I bought last year. I saw this on Ravelry and couldn't resist.



The yarn is from Trailing Clouds and is a self-striping sock yarn dyed in the colours of the lines on the London Underground Map. I started to knit with it this month as the challenge was self-striping yarn but I couldn't find a pattern that I liked and fit the challenge so I am going to wait for another month. (And cast on something else instead.)

Next time an update on the baby items I finished before the end of the year.

No comments: