Knit Meter

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

More In March

I really need to post more so that I stop coming up with these stupid titles.

I finished four things this month but I won't be posting photos of two of them as they are for gifts. I also have three projects that are close to finished: one needs blocking; one needs seaming; and the other is a few rows from the end.

Firstly we have the usual charity project. The suggestions for this month were scarves but I didn't feel like making a scarf, plus I have a few balls of bulky yarn so I opted for another hat.



The pattern is Cupcake by DROPS Design.


I used just over 70 meters of Bernat Softee Chunky Solids on 8.0mm needles. I decided against the big pom pom.

I also made some socks for the Sock Knitters Anonymous challenge. These have a little bit of a story. I bought the yarn - self-striping from Trailing Clouds - especially for their self-striping challenge last month. After trying various patterns, either I didn't like them or they were originally allowed for the challenge and then removed at the start of the month, I gave up. But I wanted to work with the yarn so rather than wait for the self-striping challenge to come up again, I cast on with the yarn this month.



The pattern is Hazelia by Mary Hough, one of the featured designers for March. I changed the heel to a Fleegle heel; which was easy to work but is not the best fit for my feet.

I did not want these socks to match but I did not want them to be completely random either so I worked the second sock in the opposite direction with the toe starting where I had finished the cuff in the first one.

No comments: