Knit Meter

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Stash Enhancement

In my last post I mentioned the Vista Fiber Arts Fiesta. Hubby came with me so that we could go out to lunch afterwards. He wondered around the gem show while I looked at yarn.

I knew I wanted to get the colour of the month from Candy Skein, otherwise I had no particular plan. My first visit was to the Yarnover Truck. I always try to support them although their yarns are on the more expensive end. For October their featured dyer is Apple Tree Knits and they had a selection of their gradient yarns. I have wanted to knit another shawl with gradient yarn after finishing this beauty. The truck had a number of different colours in different bases but I wanted enough for a shawl so I chose the SilkLin Light Fingering which is 756 yards of 65% silk/35% linen. On this base the colours are muted and I chose the chocolate topaz colourway.

I headed off to Candy Skein's booth; looking at other vendors on the way. The booth was quiet so I was able to have a fan girl moment and introduce myself to Tami as I follow her on Instagram. I bought Poison Apple in both the Yummy Fingering and Juicy Worsted; the plan being to make a hat for Christmas. With the worsted I chose a skein with not much white; the fingering has more white. (I have already started the hat and it is looking really nice knitted up. No good photos yet.)

And that was it for purchases. I did look at other booths especially new dyers but I just wasn't in the mood to buy (any more) yarn just for the sake of it.

No comments: