Knit Meter

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Started in France

and finally finished.

A couple of posts ago I showed you the finished but unblocked shawl that I started in December 2015 and finished this month. The initial problem was the needles I was using and then I started wondering if I really wanted to knit it at all. In my post-vacation post I said that the yarn would become socks. But as I hadn't a plan, the project never got ripped out. Finally I showed it to one of my knitting friends and she encouraged me to continue. The pattern is not hard but does require concentration because of all the knit two together through back loops. The pattern can be worked in one colour or extra rows added with another colour. I worked until I had completely used up the skein of yarn and then used some left over sock yarn to add another section. Blocking was easy as I just soaked and laid it out. (Rescued it from the cat and laid it out again.) It grew about 30%.

I am not really sure how to wear it but here are a couple of photos.



The yarn is Yummy Fingering Superwash Sock by Candy Skein and the pattern is Spytacular.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful shawl. Glad you decided to persevere.