Knit Meter

Thursday, April 19, 2018

From Discount Store to Haute Couture

Well not really but I am pleased with what I did with a skirt purchased at T J Maxx or Marshalls that was destined for Goodwill.

Sometime last year I bought a long skirt; I like and wear long skirts. I must have tried it on at home and liked it but whenever I decided to wear it, it just didn’t look right so I wore something else. The only time I wore it was when I needed to dress nicely for a dinner but I wanted to hide the boots I was wearing to support my foot. Thus it was destined to be given away.

But I hate to give away something I buy but don’t wear. And I thought “what would happen if you made this shorter? You make clothes, so why not amend them?" And that is what I did. I laid a skirt of similar style on top to get the length, cut and hemmed. The hemming was a bit tricky as I was sewing lace. Also the lining needed to be hemmed. I could have done a better job but I now have a skirt that I will wear.

Before



After

No comments: