Knit Meter

Thursday, November 1, 2018

It’s November – How Are the WIPs?

My projects were building up and I was planning a new cast on for Advent, also a works-in-progress (WIP) knit along (KAL) started on Ravelry at the end of September. This was the impetus needed to finish things.

I have posted pictures of most of the items that I have finished, just some hats left to show, so how many WIPs do I actually have? Five! I know; when was the last time it was that low? And let me break that number down so that number is really three. Two of those projects should be completely undone. I know I am never going to finish them but I have this thing where if I frog something the new project has to be started immediately. I have planned to frog one of these between Christmas and New Year so that I can have a grand cast on on New Year’s Day. Having written that, maybe I should frog the other one before Christmas and have an Epiphany cast on. That gives me time to choose a pattern. One of the reasons that these two projects are languishing is that I didn’t know what to make instead. But I made a decision for one; let’s make it two.

Ignoring the potential frogs, I am left with three projects. One is my mitred square squares. That is an ongoing slow project so will be a WIP for a long time. That leaves two projects – a shawl and a cardigan. The cardigan I started way back in March really just to get some old yarn on the needles, it is not very far along but I ought to work on it this month. The shawl I started in March after frogging my New Year’s cast on. It got pushed aside when the yarn arrived for a new shawl pattern and never got picked up again. Now it will get the love it deserves. Can I finish it before 1 December? I don’t think so. It is a gradient yarn and I want to use all the yarn for full effect but it will certainly be my main project this month.

No comments: