Knit Meter

Monday, November 18, 2019

Stitches SoCal

This event was this past weekend in Pasadena and I went on Friday with two knitting friends. This year we took the train which was fun because we could all sit and chat and knit. (Or crochet as was the case.) Taking the train did make for a long day as we were limited by the train times whereas with driving the time you leave is based on the time you want to arrive. But it was nice not to have to worry about driving home in fog like last year.

We had all purchased quite a bit of yarn when a yarn store closed down in the summer so we were not going with definite buying plans but we had been planning this for a while and wanted the day out.

One of us did not buy any yarn, which was a surprise because she is the most prolific yarn buyer, but she did buy some knitting themed earrings and a book. I bought some yarn and some stitch markers.



The first yarn I purchased was a souvenir purchase. This is yarn from Quebec, Canada that I have seen in pictures but not in person. It is fun self-striping yarn. I purchased the Go Habs Go colourway and have already found a fun pattern.



The other yarn I purchased was a kit for a cardigan. Excuse the bad photos but I do not want to take it out of the packaging. The kit is for the Comfort Fade and I was told that the pattern would be sent to me. I hope that will happen this week.



I’m still working away on my WIPS and when I have finished my oldest project I will cast on one of the yarns purchased this weekend.

No comments: