Knit Meter

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Finishing Off 2020

These are the two projects finished in December that I had not photographed. One is my “Palm Springs” project and the other is one I had no right to cast on.

The Palm Springs project is so called as the colorway of one of the yarns is Palm Springs – I purchased it at the Stiches SoCal in 2018 and decided it would be appropriate to start when I was in Palm Springs. Thereafter I decided it would be my Palm Springs/Nine Cities knitting. There were just two problems with that - Advent and COVID. The next trip after cast on was in December 2019 when I worked on my Advent yarn and the next trip after that was cancelled. So I didn’t get to work on it again until November. I was really beginning to think I would never finish but another trip at the beginning of December, with minimal Advent knitting, enabled me to finish. The pattern is First Light and the yarn is from Destination Yarn. I used up both skeins of yarn but have not blocked it and don’t know if I will.

 



The other project is a shawl I started this year because I had finished an old WIP and then cast on something new by the same designer. The pattern is Gotha and the yarn is Plush from Blarney Yarn ( a gift) and Alegria from Manos del Uruguay (stash give away). The Alegria was not a full skein and I ran out a few rows from the end so I added in yarn from Three Irish Girls which I had used in the first pattern I knitted from this designer. I blocked this one but did not add tassels. 

 



 

No comments: