Knit Meter

Sunday, January 2, 2022

2021 Round Up Part One

This is where I show the projects that I finished close to year end and did not post before 31 December.

I mentioned that I had worked some dishcloths to have some easy projects. I also worked a hat. I had included them in my meterage for the year, all except the last dishcloth which I was not expecting to finish before year end and also is the cause of a little lie for my 2022 plans as I included it in my WIPs at start of year. This particular dishcloth was also a total fail in the mindless knitting category as every row was different. Oh well.

First off the hat, which really was mindless knitting. The pattern is Luuk, although there are numerous similar patterns available. Rows of stocking stitch and reverse stocking stitch, using some Cascade from friend’s friend’s stash and some frogged yarn. This yarn is never ending, a bit like the dishcloth cotton that I will mention next.


 

I made four dishcloths and finally used up all the brown that I had rescued from a dishcloth swap exchange from a few years ago where I ended up with a cloth that was the size of a tray cloth. The brown has featured in four cloths. I wanted mindless knitting and as it was December I made season appropriate patterns. The first is supposed to be a Christmas pudding but looks more like a big cupcake, two different tree illusion cloths and then the not mindless mosaic cloth. I still have a bit of cotton left over and I can probably get one more very scappy cloth out of it.



 

Regarding the lie in my last post, I started the year with three projects, still two more than planned so finishing a dishcloth in the evening of the last night of the year is not really a huge change to the total.

No comments: