Knit Meter

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Gift Sewing

I have written a few times that I have not shown much progress this year as there has been a lot of gift making. Also, I have been a bit neglectful as it is school holidays and I have been looking after grandchildren. Some days this gives me extra knitting time but not much else gets done.

I have a number of expecting parents in my circle, one has already had a gift and the baby and I had plenty of time to consider and make something for the next baby. I had chosen a pattern – a toy – but I would need yarn and that started all the thought of what yarn would be best etc, etc. And then the baby was born very early and stayed in hospital and I still didn’t do anything. And, boom, suddenly two months went by and baby was home and I would be seeing mother. I had to purchase a gift from the whole group and make something.

I had been sewing some baby jackets and I had one nearly finished, just needed the binding on the sleeves and a fastener at the neck. This is the third of these jackets I have made and will give more details when I have gifted the others.

The fabric was from stash and I made this one reversible.



 

No comments: