Knit Meter

Monday, January 2, 2023

A Round Up of 2022

I’m so excited about all the plans I have for new projects in 2023 because I did so well in completing projects in the WIP knitalong. I am starting the New Year with four WIPs but two of those are my scrappy blanket projects which do not have a planned end date and another project is a planned year long project. This means I start the year with one project that needs to be finished.

In 2022, I completed 36 projects:- 18 hats, 5 pairs of socks, 5 baby items, 2 blankets, 2 shawls, 3 cardigans and one tea cosy. Six of those were crocheted. There were also four items that were started and then frogged. This is a little bit lower than last year but there were some big completions and the total yarn I used was more than last year. Also my yarn out far exceeded my yarn in this year. There are a couple of reasons for the low amount of yarn being purchased and they both relate to the same thing – yarn stores closing. With a closing in 2019 and another one in 2021, I was able to build up my stash and with no really local yarn store, I can’t just pop out and buy something. This will still have an impact on my yarn purchasing in 2023.

I wanted to not make so many shawls and I achieved this by completing just two shawls and have another on the needles. But I did enjoy making socks and I will certainly continue to make them when the prompts in Sock Knitters Anonymous interest me.

Looking back at my plans at the start of 2022, they seemed quite simple and I was able to keep up, except I didn’t knit every one of the Year of Hats.

Hope you all have a good 2023.

No comments: