Knit Meter

Saturday, March 2, 2024

February Socks

 

This year is starting well with a pair of socks completely knitted in each month. (I won’t be able to show off January’s pair until later in the year.)

For February there were two designers and two techniques/themes. The latter were repeats and design your own, neither of which I was especially interested in. So I was hoping that I had at least one of the designers’ patterns. And I had five patterns that I had not previously made by one of the designers – Caoua Coffee. Next to pair up yarn with one of the patterns. I chose an orange yarn that I had purchased in the closing down sale in 2021. (Dizzy Blonde Studios Lambie Toes)This was not as tonal as I was expecting but still worked well with the pattern. Caoua Coffee’s patterns are always interesting but well written and not hard and this was no exception, with the start of round changing on several rows.

This yarn was really hard to photograph and capture the true colour. It is a deep orange but my phone wanted to capture it much lighter. And before I forget the pattern is Canon by Caoua Coffee which I had added to my Ravelry library in December 2019. I used about 75g of yarn with size 2.25mm double pointed needles.


 

No comments: