Knit Meter

Saturday, June 8, 2024

May’s Socks – Or Are They April’s

I mention the Sock Knitters Anonymous Group frequently in relation to the socks I knit but I am not sure if I have said that the incentive to take part in their knit alongs is that there are prizes. Not Fake Internet Points but real prizes. I have been participating since early 2010, with a break from 2017 to 2019; and in that time I have won two project bags and a skein of yarn. This year I won a pattern for the socks I knit in February. (As the challenges are over two months and the prizes awarded at the beginning of the next month, I received the pattern in April.)

It just so happened that the designer who donated the prize was the featured designer for April but I had already started socks in April and, remember, I am not starting all the things so I didn’t cast on. Except… when May’s plans were announced at the end of April there wasn’t anything that interested me so I quickly cast on the socks before the end of the month so I would have socks to work on in May. (Oh, and that nothing interested me – total fail.)

The pattern is Nutmeg Socks by verybusymonkey and the yarn was purchased in the sale in 2021 and unintentionally is the same dyer as the socks I cast on at the beginning of April. 

Socks fresh off the needles.


 And after blocking and closer to the correct colour.



No comments: