Knit Meter

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Knitting in March

Here we are at the end of April and I am updating you with what went on in March. So how did I do with dishcloths and socks?

I made a pair of socks just not a matching pair and I made both the dishcloths from the Yahoo group.

This is the one from the beginning of the month. I am very pleased that I finished up a ball of Peaches and Creme that had I had used for Halloween dishcloths.



And this is the one from the middle of the month. I gave this to a friend who had just finished their new kitchen.



I finished the second sock of a pair started in February. This started as a mystery in December but I was sensible enough to know that I would not have time to make them then so I saved the clues. The pattern is by Stephanie van der Linden and the yarn is Estelle by Arequipa. Yarn purchased last year just because.



I like the way the heel was worked on this sock. The heel was formed by increases to form a pocket for the heel. There was no picking up of heel stitches and only a few rows of short row shaping for the heel turn. A very neat and easy way to make a heel. I had come across this style of heel when I made this sock but I have not found generic instructions for calculating this heel.

Also I made a pair of mittens for a friend and gave them to her while the weather was still cold. They have a little pocket on the top of each mitten for tissues or poop (clean) bags. I found a little packet of tissues in Michaels with her initial on which fit nicely in the pocket.



The other sock I made was the mystery sock for March. I completed one sock and then decided to concentrate on the baby blanket but I am aiming for the end of this month to have a pair.

No comments: