Knit Meter

Friday, July 12, 2013

Two Pink Shawls

It may appear that there has just been sewing going on chez moi but, rest assured, the needles have been clicking away and two shawls were finished in June. Both from sock yarn that just so happened to be pink.

The first shawl was really using up the stash as I used the pink yarn shown in the first photo in this blog post. I had about 85 grams left from the pair of socks, so it was hard to consider them as leftovers. Then I saw a shawl pattern that seemed just right. In my post about the socks I commented on the variation in tone of the yarn. I didn't like it for the socks but it suits a shawl pattern just fine. The pattern is Summer Flies and can be found on Ravelry. The only photos I have of these two shawls are of them blocking so you'll have to take my word that they look really nice with summer dresses.



I am really excited to tell you about the next shawl as it used the last skein of yarn I bought on the Calgary yarn crawl - Merino Superwash Fingering by Indigo Moon. Although it is sock yarn, I just couldn't get my head into knitting socks with it and I did try earlier this year. I am sure it will be worn more as a shawl than socks.



The pattern is Kuuru and available on Ravelry or here. I left out one pattern repeat as I didn't have enough yarn.

I am a little concerned that despite my good intentions, the stash is not decreasing as much as I would like. I have one project close to completion, after that it looks like it will be a little while before I have anything to show off.

No comments: