Knit Meter

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Two Projects Finished

Last week was fruitful as I finished two projects – one knit, one crochet. I finished a pair of socks I started in March as the mystery pattern. The construction is different as it starts with a knitted strip in a cable pattern for the back of the sock, then stitches are picked up all around to add width perpendicular to the back and then another cable strip was added for the front. I used Sockenklecks Edition Tausendschön by Schoppel-Wolle. This is my third and last “ball” of this yarn and it worked just right for this pattern. You can see my previous projects with this yarn here and here. There is no reason that these took me so long and in the end I just wanted them finished.




The other item finished was a baby blanket I crocheted. Usually I crochet blankets as they are quicker than knitting but it wasn’t the case with this one. At the start it felt like that I undid all that I worked. But once I got into the flow it was easy to see if I was making the stitches in the wrong place. I think this is the largest baby blanket I have made and should serve the baby for many years. The yarn is Bernat Baby Coordinates as baby blankets have to be made from a good washable yarn. And the pattern is from a Leisure Arts publication - Our Best Baby Afghans.




And I was so happy about finishing these that I persuaded hubby to take photos of the shawls I finished recently so there’s likely to be another post this week with photos.

And I couldn’t be content with finishing two projects and reducing my project count so another pair of socks was cast on. Although they are progressing much faster.

No comments: