Knit Meter

Saturday, March 24, 2018

A Finished Object and an Unfinished Object

At last the promised finished item. But first, what is unfinished?

Last weekend I completely frogged my new year project. The yarn was a gradient and I carefully (or so I thought) chose a pattern that would not only look good in a gradient yarn but would also use up most of the yarn. After all that is the point of a gradient. The pattern I chose said yardage requirement 822 yards of laceweight; I have 870 yards. But I got to the bind off and still had third of the skein left. I debated a long time about adding rows in different pattern; looking through my pattern books multiple times but I decided that would take away from the pattern. I also did not want to lose 1/3 skein of gradient so frogging happened. Which was really unenjoyable as the yarn has a halo and is not easy to undo.


I do like this pattern and will make it again when I find the right yarn - drapey but not a gradient.

Once the yarn was back into a ball I cast on a new project - Fruit Cocktail. It seems that this is more easily adaptable - I hope so.

And now for the finished item. I was so excited that I actually finished something. It is amazing that I have got to March before finishing anything. Although an unexpected trip to the UK meant I didn't finish anything in February.

I have already shown the yarn which is sooo pretty. And this is what it became.



It is so light and beautiful and I love it. And it's finished even if I didn't quite finish it in February.


You can see the first Starshower I made here. I like that one too.

No comments: