Knit Meter

Monday, November 20, 2006

How To Give Yourself a Heart Attack In One Easy Lesson

I mentioned the table runner with 60 billion squares. By the end of Friday the top was finished so yesterday I added the padding and backing. That was a simple process - backing and quilt top right sides together place on top of padding, sew leaving a gap and turn right side out. The sewing was a bit fiddly as it is a shaped piece with angles but got that done and all I had to do was turn it which I think is called pillowing. Put my hand in the gap and pulled and this is where I had the heart attack - the backing was wrong side out and what was the padding doing? OK deep breaths. Pulled everything back inside looked at the turning gap, repositioned my hand and pulled and everything was fine.

What I had done the first time was put my hand between the backing and padding for turning instead of between the backing and quilt top. A heart stopping moment.

No comments: