Knit Meter

Sunday, November 26, 2006

What Is On My Needles

I promised a report on my knitting but firstly I have to talk about the weather. Please look at my Weather Pixie. Currently she is showing -25 C. I am surprised the cat is in the picture. My thermometer shows -22 C and I have just checked The Weather Network and they have the high, yes the high, today as -25 C. I know this may sound whiney but I am not a cold weather person.

Anyway back to the needles. I am not a multi-project person. I do not like having a number of projects on the needles as I feel pressure to always be working on something. At this point any member of my family will have burst out that I am always working on something. But there is a difference between doing something because you want to and because you feel pressure. I usually have two projects on the go. A mindless one and one that requires a bit of concentration. But, currently, I have just one project on the needles. In a previous post I talked about winding yarn to knit socks and that is what I am working on. It is not a mindless project as I have to look at the pattern but it is not hard so I am having trouble choosing a mindless project. I don't want to have two pairs of socks on the go at the same time, I have made two hats recently and a garter stitch scarf is too mindless.

So what is on my needles? The Pomatomus socks from Knity.com. The yarn I am using is Knit Picks Memories. This is the first time I have used any yarn from Knit Picks. I wanted some lace yarn and the Yahoo group I belong to suggested Knit Picks as a reasonable source for lace yarn. I haven't used the lace yarn yet. But I ordered the Memories at the same time as I thought the colour -Yukon- would be a good choice for the Pomatomus. The yarn feels nice but the socks feel a bit thicker than others and I am not sure if that is the pattern or the yarn. As I said I haven't used Knit Picks yarn before and now I am a bit worried as I read on a bulletin board that their yarn had felted. These might turn into special occasion socks as I am not sure what possessed me to buy hand wash yarn for socks!

No comments: