Knit Meter

Friday, November 10, 2006

Let Them Eat Cake

or - Old Mother Hubbard

Next time I decide to take a snow day it would be advisable to check the larder first or go grocery shopping the day before snow is forecast. Yes the cupboard was bare of bread and I didn't feel like going out to just get bread so I made a loaf.

This isn't as complicated as it might sound as I do have a bread machine. I used to use it frequently but when we moved I got out of the habit. What I don't like about it, is that you end up with a big hole in the loaf of bread where the paddle was. So I came up with a (brilliant) idea. I put the machine on dough setting and when it has finished I take the paddle out and then set the machine to rise and bake. The up side: I don't get a big hole in my loaf; the down side: I can't set the machine and leave it. I need a machine where the paddle drops out when the baking starts. Is there one out there or can I make my fortune by selling my idea to a bread machine manufacturer?

The family better eat bread today.

No comments: