Knit Meter

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

No Second Sock Syndrome Here

Did you know that some people have many odd socks? They knit a sock and then never knit its mate. I wonder if these people wear odd socks or are doomed to always wearing store bought socks.

No such problem in this house. I love wearing my hand knitted socks so I am always going to complete the pair. I knit my socks on 4 double pointed needles (dpns). I have tried the magic loop method on hats and mittens but didn't really enjoy it and I can't really justify buying more circular needles to try the two circular method. When I say 4 dpns, I mean stitches on three needles and one needle for knitting. I have had most of my dpns for years so they only have 4 needles in a a set and not 5 like you can get nowadays.

So here are a couple of photos of my completed Baudelaire socks.



I did not make any adjustments to the pattern as I used Stretch by Regia which I had bought in England last summer and I decided that the "stretch" would make up for the inelasticity of the pattern. I saw some Stretch in the LYS on Monday but for some reason the owner did not realise that I was interested in buying. But that is a story for another day.

Those photos were taken indoors as this was the view from my front step at lunchtime (and it is still snowing).

No comments: