Knit Meter

Thursday, September 15, 2011

August's Achievements

Although it is more than a month since my last post, I did manage to finish some projects last month.

Once again no dishcloths but one pair of socks made it off the needles and another pair didn't. The socks I started with the yarn shown in my last post met with a slight problem so their completion was delayed. They are still not completed but should be finished by the end of this month. I was asked about the yarn and it is Jawoll Magic by Lang yarns.

I finished the second pair of Wendy Johnson socks I cast on. The yarn is Jitterbug by Collinette and the pattern is Laurel from Toe-up Socks for Everybody.

A picture of the finished socks

and a close up.

I got my act together and finished the scarf from this yarn which I was a birthday present from a good (knitting) friend.

It was ripped back to a suitable length, so I cast off, leaving an end a bit longer than the width of the scarf. I then sewed this down the middle over the cast on end of the scarf to cover it up.

It really is a fun scarf and I have yarn left to add frills to something else.

I crocheted a few squares for Western Canada Odd Ball Blanket Society. Sometime I will have a post of all the strips and squares I have made this year.

Another pair of socks was started this month as there was a new mystery and I am test knitting a couple of patterns for a friend. My slow going patterns are still that.