You might have noticed that I have been making more socks lately. My sock yarn got added to quite a bit last year and, although, I could make multi-colour shawls I am quite happy with the thought of knitting more socks. My plans are mostly guided by the challenges in the Sock Knitters Anonymous group but I decided to put a small restriction on myself as often I spend the end of the month looking and looking and looking at patterns that fit any of the upcoming month’s challenges.
This year I am limiting myself to only looking at patterns that I already own, whether they be in books or downloaded (mostly for free). If I don’t find anything there I may look at my queue and favorites. This has helped me not cast on for the sake of casting on and is meant to cut down on the amount of time I spend looking at sock patterns. This meant I did not start a sock in January, which was no big deal considering all my other cast ons, but I did purchase a sock pattern in February. To be fair it was a pattern that I had had in my queue since 2011 so about time I made it. I used one of my sock yarn purchases from last year’s sale as the main colour and various leftovers for the flowers. This was an interesting pattern in that the flowers required more concentration but there was a lot of straight forward stocking stitch. I’m not sure how comfortable they will be to wear at the toes and heels but I can always wear them over a thin pair of socks. But they sure were fun to knit.