After typing that heading, I thought what about hands? But I
did not quickly cast on some mitts. This reflects the three projects I have finished
this month and they have not been replaced by new cast ons.
First finished was a hat for charity. (And, yes, there will be a new cast on next month.) I took the pattern suggestion from the Hat of the Month group on Ravelry. It is Ditto available free on Ravelry and I used Plymouth Encore which has been in my stash for a very long time, leftover from another project. The pattern is in two sizes and I knit the smaller size. I did not make the fold up brim but I have seen photos with such a brim and think it looks better.
The next project finished was an old project, but not my
oldest project. This was a project I started in September last year but did not
work on after a few rows. But working just a few rows each day quickly produces
a finished item. I was given both the yarn and the pattern. The pattern is
Cardioid Shawl and the yarn is Fearless Fibers. The pattern
is written for fingering weight yarn but, although, originally labeled as sock
yarn the yarn I used is a lace weight. I am showing two pictures here so you
can see the difference blocking makes.
The final finished project is the socks I started in June.
The pattern Is Sun Valley Socks Sun Valley Socks, available on Ravelry. I used leftover yarn – Miss Babs Yummy
2-ply and Trailing Clouds Nimbus Self-Striping Sock. For bit of fun I reversed the main and contrast
colours on the second sock.