Knit Meter

Thursday, March 1, 2012


There have been other things going on in my life so that I have not had much time for knitting. In fact, although I cast on a sock on 1 January I have only just completed it so I am way off target for a pair a month. But I did knit a dishcloth using left overs as well as finish one I started last year. Also as far as old projects go, I finished a pair of gloves I started last year. I now have just two projects left over from last year, both long term projects and two projects started in January.

This is the dishcloth I started last year. It took a while for me to finish as I was trying to decide on colours. I started with the blue and brown and soon realized that I would not have enough of the brown to complete the cloth so I let it sit for a while. Rather than unpick what I had worked, on the basis that I would still have to mix the brown with other colours if I wanted to use it up, I decided to continue with two other contrast colours.

This is the dishcloth I started (and finished) in January. It is a great pattern for using leftovers. I found it on this website the writer has many dishcloth patterns, many of which seem suitable for using different colours and using up ends.

Finally, here are the gloves. The yarn is Berroco Sox Metallic. Although I liked the colour (obviously as I purchased the yarn) I wasn’t sure it was right for socks and chose a glove pattern by Julia Mueller. The original pattern has a much longer cuff but that is not really practical with my winter coats as any mittens or gloves need to go inside the sleeves.

Some yarn buying did occur in January as there was a yarn purchasing amnesty and I was given a ball of dishcloth cotton. So I really need to find some knitting time.