Knit Meter

Sunday, July 4, 2010

April's Socks

I've been trying to decide whether to post about my socks or the group on Ravelry I have joined which is "making" me knit socks, in case any of you are wondering why I need a group to tell me what to knit.

I'm going for the socks as I knit two pairs in April. The theme in April was Technique: Socks from a currently published online Magazine
Designer: Cookie A
so I chose 2 patterns from knitty.com and used yarn from my stash.

This is the first pattern.


I used Patons Stretch Socks which is not the best for showing the pattern off but as there had been comments about the tight fit, I thought a stretch yarn would be good for the pattern. They do fit remarkably well. Here is a link to the pattern so that you can see how good it looks in striping yarn. I would be tempted to make this pattern again in a self-striping yarn.

And here is the other pair I made using Lana Grosa Meilenweit Seta/Cashmere yarn which has cashmere and silk and felt lovely to knit with.


I wore these to book club and I have never had so many comments about my hand knitted socks before, which was rather nice as they are lovely looking socks. Of course, now I want to make the shawl the pattern was based on; Eugen Beugler's Frost Flowers and Leaves which is published in A Gathering of Lace. There are parts of the pattern which could be better written and there are notes on my Ravelry page.

4 comments:

Myrna said...

Pretty socks!

Prairie Girl said...

These are absolutely lovely.

And I agree - I joined the group to light a flame under my sock knitting rear end. I had told myself I would try and knit a pair of socks each month in 2010. Ha! I've done one pair so far.

Am I Using My Stash? said...

Thank you. And you still have 6 months left for 2010.

Am I Using My Stash said...

Hi Myrna
your comment is dated July 5 but I received notification only today. Must have had trouble navigating The Bow.