Knit Meter

Thursday, August 11, 2011

On and Off The Needles in July

Yes it is a month since the last post. It wasn't my intention to make it exactly a month - it just turned out that way.

I had the misfortune to experience some very rude customer service which I was considering blogging about and that put all other blog thoughts on hold. Today I decided to post about knitting.

What didn't happen in July? No dishcloths. I have been disappointed with the mystery dishcloths from the Yahoo group just lately and as I don't have a vast amount of dishcloth cotton left, I took a break. Never fear, plenty of socks were knitted.

The socks blogged about here were finished on 1 July so count as July knitting.

The challenge in Sock Knitters Anonymous for July was:
Colorwork/Intarsia
Any sock designed by Wendy Johnson
Mystery Sock

The mystery sock was designed by Stephanie van der Linden and I even bought yarn specially for the project.



I finished the first sock in July but the second one is going very slowly.

The second sock I cast on was a pattern by Wendy Johnson from Socks From The Toe Up, a book I checked out from the library. This is another reason I have not blogged as it has taken a long time to get a decent photograph.



I had bought the yarn in December last year and had already tried one pattern which didn't work with the yarn so I am really pleased with how they turned out. As I was so disgusted with my ribbing on the last socks, with these socks I worked the knit stitches on the cuff through the back loop.

I finished these socks in July and as there is not a challenge in August, I cast on another Wendy Johnson pattern. This time from Toe Up Socks For Every Body, another book from the library. I am using yarn purchased on last year's yarn crawl.

Also completed in July were two squares crocheted for charity. I unpicked the scarf to the right length so all I have to do is sew the ends in.

I need to get a move on though to finish 3 socks by the end of the month.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Great looking socks! What is the yarn in the first picture?

Looking forward to meeting the group at the loop now that I've finally made it to Calgary.

Joanne
http://rhythmoftheneedles.com
Ravelry: JConklin