Knit Meter

Monday, June 24, 2013

Another Bag

I know it appears that I am sewing more than knitting. But that is just because the items I am sewing are small enough and easy enough to become a finished object in a small amount of time. My knitting has not been abandoned.

The last bags I made were as a result of a link on Ravelry so, of course, when someone else posted a photo of a bag she had made I had to find the instructions:- reversible purse. This is a simple bag to make but as with most things there are a few changes I would make for next time. And I am sure there is going to be a next time.

I would press the seams at each stage and not at the end; I would mark a 1/4 inch line around the outside handle edge before joining the pieces as this was the only fiddly part of the whole project. There is a video to show this bag being made, which I did not see until after I had made my bag. There are also comments which are helpful for those with home printers which print on one size of paper only.

I used "home décor" fabric for my bag, (on sale at Jo-Ann's) which gives it a bit of stability. I am trying to decide if I want to use this as a project bag or a regular purse.

No comments: