Knit Meter

Thursday, July 11, 2013

More Sewing

Yes here is another sewing project. If I am not careful my fabric stash will exceed my yarn stash. I blame the sales and coupons at Jo-Ann’s.

I have already posted about the bags I have made from fat quarter bundles and I just had to buy more. This time it was a pack of baby flannel. On the same blog as the bag pattern, I saw a star quilt pattern and decided that would be a good design for the FQs.

Here's a close-up photo to show that some of my joins came out well.



After the quilt top was finished, I needed fabric for the backing and binding. I considered sewing FQs to make a backing but Jo-Ann’s no longer had FQ packs with the same fabric. So I waited for baby flannel to go on sale and bought some for the backing and binding. I already had plenty of batting in my stash. Although I had given away most of my fabric, I kept all of the batting. I machine quilted in the ditch using invisible thread in the top. I’m not over happy with how it came out and am not sure I will use invisible thread again but maybe it works better on cottons.







Not perfect but overall I am pleased with the end result.

No comments: