Knit Meter

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Some Sewing

I enjoy sewing but I do not enjoy having to get everything out every time and I do not like to leave work and sewing equipment/notions out. Rather than try to fit in some sewing every day I try to block some time off each week to sew. This does depend on what else I have going on but this week I set aside time to make a bag for my sister.

I have Downton Abbey fabric left over from this project. This was fabric I had bought specially to make something for a dear friend and I didn't want to get rid of what was left but there had to be a very good reason for using the fabric. My sister seemed a good enough reason. I made my usual drawstring bag.

I didn't take any measurements for this bag. Just sewed two pieces of fabric together and that was going to be the size. I have plenty of cream fabric in my stash and one piece was just the right width for the lining. Instead of making drawstrings I used ribbon that I had in my stash. The resulting bag was tall and thin - ideal if I was gifting a bottle of something.



No comments: