Knit Meter

Saturday, March 10, 2018

What Happened To February?

I should have finished projects but nothing to show – yet – I am soo close. Verdon and my New Year’s cast on would have been finished but I had an unexpected trip to the UK. I decided rather than take nearly finished objects and new yarn I would just take new yarn.

But which yarn and which projects? I had been given some beautiful pink variegated yarn which I had already decided would make a beautiful Starshower.



I considered changing the lace pattern but decided a trip was not the time for changing patterns. I started it on the flight and finished it on 2 March so even if it had not needed to be blocked it still wouldn’t have been a February finisher. But it is blocking as I write this so I have a finished knitted item this year. Yay.

The other yarn I took was yarn I bought a year ago. At the time I did not have a pattern in mind but when I saw this pattern I decided it was perfect for my yarn. I bought another skein of the grey on the Yarn Crawl and my plan is to work the pattern until I run out of yarn.

Now I am back from my trip, what project should I work on? (I don’t even want to think how many I have on the go.)Although it is tempting to continue working on my new cast on I am close to finishing Verdon as I am on the decrease rows so that is what I worked on this morning when I was awake too early thanks to jet lag. Can I have it finished by the end of the weekend?

On the plus side, despite no finished projects, February was a good month for stash reduction. I sold three balls of yarn and gave one to a friend and received a skein of yarn. So stash is down.

No comments: