Knit Meter

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Another Cast On

After writing about the ideal number of projects on the go it appears that that is just pie-in-the-sky and the actual ideal number is whatever it is on that day. I have found that regardless of how many unfinished projects I have, I tend to work on just one and have an easy one as my take along project

I was quite happily working on the Changes Shawl, when I had a desire to knit a mystery. I don’t know what prompted this. I still have on the needles the mystery that I started in August that was not a good experience. Prior to that, my last mystery was in 2016. I used to participate in sock mysteries all the time but I think I got rather bored with that.

The mystery I am now working on I had seen before the LA Yarn Crawl but had not seriously considered at the time. Which is a good thing as it has been designed by and is being run by people from the first yarn store we visited. If I had known that I’m sure I would have bought yarn specifically for the project. As it is I am using entirely stash yarn. Two skeins that I had bought at last year’s Vista Fiber Fiesta, a skein of yarn that I was given after someone had knit something small from it and some left overs.

I am enjoying it so far. I have managed to keep up to date, having completed Clue 1 and working through Clue 2.




No comments: