Knit Meter

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Spiderman Climbs Aboard

I'm almost caught up with showing all my finished projects. In July I caught up with all my finished sewing projects, and as for knitting, two items are gifts and can't be shown yet so I really only have two projects to show. But they can wait as I want to keep up with my sewing projects.

At the end of May, my son turned up with this Spiderman fabric.


and requested I make a bag for his son, preferably a rucksack style bag. Ugg, I hate such requests. Is it the right kind of fabric, did you buy enough, do I have a pattern, am I in the mood for making what you want? The pattern part was easy; a while ago I had downloaded a pattern for a backpack. When I had some free time I checked how much fabric was required and what else was needed. The pattern said 5/8 yard each of main and lining fabric. I had a yard of the main fabric which I could have used for both main and lining but Spiderman would have been sideways inside the bag. As I needed to buy some sort of cord for the straps, I decided I'd buy fabric for the lining as well.

I was pleased to find some different Spiderman fabric at Jo-Ann as I have not seen any there before.



I am not going to link to the pattern I used as it was not well written but I can adapt it if I make another. Luckily, little boys don't care about that and are just happy that you have made something for them.



No comments: