Knit Meter

Thursday, July 9, 2020

More Sale Yarn

When I finished the skirt I cast on a cardigan with lace yarn as I really liked the finished item but I soon realized that I needed different needles and that having another complicated lace pattern on the go was not a good idea – three of my remaining WIPs from 2019 are lace. Having put that aside I cast on the cowl and decided that the cardigan could remain dormant.

 Although my plan is to work through the sale yarn this year, I do not have a set plan as to what order I will use it. The next project was a shawl using the three skeins of Snowdrop by Wonderland Yarns and Frabjous Fibers. I bought the three to go together but did not have a pattern in mind at the time. Earlier this year I got the Wane pattern by Lisa Mutch when she had a free promotion and it seemed perfect for these three skeins so I cast on.

 

The pattern did not use the full skeins and I used yardage than the pattern. Unusually for me I did not adjust the pattern to use up more of the yarn and just followed the pattern as written.

 I was worried about blocking it because I did not want to lose the squishiness of the garter stitch but I did want to open up the lace pattern. I love the end result.



Having finished this, of course I had to start something new with more sale yarn. I cast on Lilli Pilli which uses three colours one of which I purchased specifically in the sale for this pattern.


No comments: