Knit Meter

Monday, March 14, 2022

February's and March’s Hats

I was going to write a post about my thought process and why it blog posts are in my head and not on the web. Suffice it to say I have air written a few on different subjects but here is one showing actual knitting.

I have been slow in showing finished items because in February I made a couple of gifts and I wanted them to be opened before showing pictures here. Then I just delayed on everything so I am starting off showing the hats I made over the last two months.

February Hat, worked as written except I started with a Turkish cast on so that the stitches were sitting on a cable ready for the pick up row. The yarn is Tosh Vintage (from the friend’s friend’s stash), the same as January’s hat. I may have enough for another hat.

 


March’s Hat. Worked using Tosh DK from the aforementioned stash. This is a thinner yarn than called for in the pattern, so I worked the larger size, this was not necessary and when I looked at the pattern the gauge was tighter than usual for worsted weight yarn. The hat turned out fine although I had to omit the last pattern repeat; (the yarn I was given was not a full skein), I was worried that it was not enough for a real slouch but too much for a nice looking hat. Apart from missing the last pattern repeat, I knit the pattern as written, including the tubular cast on.

 


On WIP news, getting buttons on the jacket is proving to be a slow process. I have buttons, I am trying to work out how I want to do the loops. I have finished one sock and started the other. I would like to finish them by the end of the month. I stopped working on the blanket as I needed more grey yarn and the Tunisian crochet project is coming along slowly.

Today is Pi Day and I have decided NOT to start a Pi Shawl. Although I like the fun of starting such a shawl on 3/14, I do not need another project. I will reconsider for 22/7.

 

No comments: