Knit Meter

Monday, July 16, 2007

No Sky

Last week I showed how easier it was to see the Saturday Sky. This week I will show you what I have done to make it harder to see the Saturday Sky.

One of the windows we had replaced was in our bathroom which was all well and good except that now we didn't have a blind so I had to put my body through contortions to get in and out of the shower without scaring the neighbours. I want to make a blind for the window but I can't wait for the long nights to settle in so I needed some sort of temporary solution. I decided a telescopic pole inside the window with some fabric hanging from it would work fine for a while.

First trip to Linen n Things for the pole. My window width is 18 inches. There are two poles that cover that length: one goes up to 18 inches and the other starts at 18 inches. I made an executive decision and bought the longer pole which was a good decision as it started shorter than the stated length. I remembered that I have a table runner which is the right width and I thought would hang over the pole and do the job; but when I opened the drawer, I espyed something more interesting which did not have a current home:- a crocheted lace circular table cloth.

The edging was holey enough to go through the curtain rod and the cloth was the right size and colour to fit the window and room.

What do you think?




The funny thing about this is that I have always wanted to crochet a lace curtain but haven't done so because I haven't wanted to put a lot of work into something that looks awful in use. This has changed my mind.

No comments: