Knit Meter

Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolution Time Again

This year I have decided to make some resolutions. I am going to read all the books and knit all the patterns on my lists. To achieve this I am going to give up work and sleeping.

OK so that's not going to happen; although it would be nice to be able to knit and read whenever the mood took me but in reality this has never happened. The periods of my life where I have not worked, I have felt guilty whenever I took a break during the day and I find that I actually read and knit more now that I am working.

Looking back at what I have written in previous years I have to laugh at what I wrote last year about it getting boring knitting scarves. How come I still managed to knit 5 in 2009?

My aim for this year is to use the yarn I bought in 2009. Not sure how this will work in practise as I purchased quite a few balls of sock yarn in the sales and as I like to knit patterned socks they are not a quick knit any longer. I will continue to use the odds and ends of stash yarn that have been around for a while.

And I'll continue to read and look after the house and love my family. (And hibernate in the winter.)

No comments: