Knit Meter

Monday, March 28, 2011

Today I Was The Statue

I mentioned that one of our cats has an idiopathic chylothorax. She had done very well for 2 to 3 months and then the fluid built up again and there were a couple of visits to the vet. After the last visit, the vet suggested some additional supplements and some different food. The food worked well as I think she was happy to have a change. The supplements not so well.

I am already breaking open the capsules of rutin, mixing with hot water and administering by syringe. So I crush the vitamin tablet and add to this mix but I also have to give her a special oil. I tried some. It's tasteless and odourless. Great I can add it to her food. Well it's not odorless to my cat. I added 1/8 teaspoon to her wet food - she didn't touch it. I waited a few days, added 1/8 teaspoon to the bottom of her bowl of dry food - she didn't touch it.

I need to get this stuff inside her. As I am already syringing her 2 to 3 times a day. I decided to add a little of the oil to the mix. I suctioned up the multi-supplement mixture pushed the bottom of the syringe, syringe pointing straight up..... and woosh the plunger moved very quickly and I was wearing the green mix.

No comments: