Knit Meter

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Snow

I have mentioned my knitting friends who I met through Ravelry and that we get together in Starbucks or other coffee houses to knit, chat, laugh and pass on tried and tested parenting tips. OK that last one is a gross exaggeration but we do have fun and laugh a lot.

Well it just so happens that there are three of us in this motley crew who moved to Calgary from Denver. None of us are originally from Denver or Calgary, one is American, one is Canadian and one is British but the three of us all knit socks.

So the point - you want more to this post than sock knitters move from Denver to Calgary? I was reading the blog of one of these people and she had written Ten Things She Wished She Liked and number three on that list is snow. Which is hilarious because it snows in Calgary and Denver, although Denver does a much better job of snow removal.

I also think it is funny as snow would probably be on my list too. Not that I really hate snow, I just hate dealing with snow. Wearing the right clothes and shoes, the correct tires for the car etc.

So living in Denver and Calgary does not make one a snow lover.

No comments: