Knit Meter

Thursday, February 21, 2013

And There's More

In my last two posts I mentioned an item that was finished but I needed to redo the cast off. Today I finally managed to take photos.



Another pattern from knitty.com. The yarn was gifted to me by one of my Calgary knitting friends when I left Calgary. It started out as a completely different shawl that didn't work out and I decided it needed a simple pattern to show off the yarn, which is Glimmer by Julie Spins. It was appropriate to make this pattern from this gift as the first time I saw it, was in a yarn shop and it had been knitted by the person who gave me this yarn. They had made it wider and I did too as I wanted less of a scarf and more of a wrap. I knitted until I ran out of yarn and as this is a 15 row repeat I was lucky to be able to use up most of the yarn. I am not happy with the cast on but I am not messing around to get that tighter but I am looking forward to wearing it on warm days.

No comments: