Knit Meter

Friday, September 20, 2013

So Close and Yet........

It feels like I have so many projects on the needles that cannot be finished for various reasons.

I have two shawls that are at bead stage except I don't have any beads. One of them is the shawl mentioned in this post. I have looked at beads. OK it was only one shop but at least they are ruled out for having the right type.

And then there's the project being lovingly protected it is so close to ready and I thought yesterday was the day. It needed ribbon and snap fasteners. Do you think I can get the @@$$!! snap fasteners to attach to the ribbon? No. I tried on scrap fabric and no success apart from bending the pointy things. Argh. (Because it was talk like a pirate day yesterday.) So no project to show off.

Finally, last night I finished a baby jacket and that just needs the ends sewn in and buttons sewn on. And knowing my luck all the buttons I have in my stash will be the wrong size or wrong colour.

Anyway what this all boils down to is that not only do I have stalled projects but I have nothing to take to knitting group today. Yes I do have projects on the needles but I have nothing suitable. It has to be something where I can carry on a conversation and when I get home I don't have to undo everything I did. A shawl with lace on every row just isn't going to cut it.

The criteria for this morning's (hurried) pattern search:-

it had to be easy all the way through so no future knitting stalling
I had to have the yarn
it had to be something I wanted to make, in other words not knitting for the sake of knitting.

I found a pattern for a baby jacket where I can use the yarn left over from this baby blanket. I hope it works out as it will be nice for this yarn not to be in the stash for ever as happens with most of my left over yarn.

But at least I have something to take to knitting.

No comments: