Knit Meter

Sunday, August 7, 2016

What's the WIP Status?

In May I had seven projects on the go. I have just blocked the second shawl which means I have now completed five of the seven WIPS mentioned in my 16 May post. How nice it would be if I just had a pair of socks and a cardigan left to knit. OK, plus the three v. slow projects. But I cast on a pair of socks for the June challenge and I started a new shawl on 22 July - 22/7 - pi day. So now my projects are back up to seven. Sock Knitters Anonymous August challenge is to finish pairs of socks that were started before 1 July and my plan is to finish both pairs of socks before the end of August. The shawl is a long-term project to be finished on March 14 2017. I hope that means I can work on the cardigan WIP in September.

Here is the finished shawl.



This is the shawl that I had to redo the border when I had nearly finished it as I had worked it on the wrong side because I had added an odd number of rows. The yarn is MerGoat Lace by Indigodragonfly; yarn that I had originally bought to knit a hat until I came to my senses that I didn't want to knit an adult man's hat in fingering weight yarn and doubling it would have likely muddied the colours. The pattern is Duchess of Devonshire. I added a few extra rows as I wanted to use all my yarn. The yarn used in the original design is heavier than the yarn I used so my shawl is not very deep but is plenty wide enough. My son's GF styled it before taking photos.


No comments: