Knit Meter

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Two Hats

As I have said many times, I like to have a project for charity on the go at all times and usually it is my handbag project and usually it is a hat. I have been making hats (and some scarves) for Operation Gratitude since January 2014 and I try to make one item a month. This year some projects have taken time to complete - the down side of having projects earmarked as handbag projects - and to date I have completed 6 projects. These are the latest two to be completed.

The group on Ravelry set up for people knitting for Operation Gratitude suggests a crochet and a knit hat pattern each month and I have joined a group called "Hat of the Month" as they have a crochet and knit hat pattern each month so this gives me more ideas.

The first hat came from the choice of this group in April. The pattern is Cool Logic. An interesting pattern as it is worked form the top down. I worked the edging is shorter than the written pattern as I worked until I ran out of yarn. The hat is plenty big enough anyway. I used Vanna's Choice in Colonial Blue.



This hat is from a pattern on Ravelry called Scarlet. It is designed for bulky yarn and I had some Loops & Threads Charisma in Black in my stash. This was a very easy pattern.

No comments: