Knit Meter

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

And Now What's On The Needles

Despite finishing a number of projects I did not have to start anything new as there are still a few projects on the go. There is a new project I am eager to start but I told myself I had to wait until I had finished my "France project" and started the second colour in my Arlequin Shawl. This post shows the first colour and at the end of the post is the yarn I am using for another shawl - Quadratische. It is a complicated pattern and I try to knit a little on the days when I have time to myself. I am loving it so far.

I've been looking at blog posts for December and January and it appears I did not do a round up for the year, which surprises me as I recall that the knitting/crocheting for 2016 was the lowest for a long time. I was looking to see what I had said about two old projects. Anyway I have two very old projects, one of which is the project that gets worked on at the outdoor concerts, otherwise all the projects on my needles were started this year. In addition to the two shawls, I am working on a hat. It is a Christmas present but I started it as part of a Knit-Along. The KAL finishes on May 1 and it is highly unlikely that I will finish the hat by then but it is started. The problem is that I am not enjoying the knit which I think is due to the combination of yarn and needles, although it is yarn I have used often. I will get this finished by Christmas.

I am very excited about this low number of projects. The number of WIPs has been high for a long time because of the older projects but I have been finishing these gradually and finishing new projects I start. Will 2017 be the year I finish the two old projects?



No comments: