Knit Meter

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

The Hats

These are the last of my completed projects for a while. I am so pleased that in October I completed so many projects that now I am left with projects that, although, started months ago were not very far along. A stated in my last post I have three active projects.

I have mentioned many times that I usually have a hat project on the go; usually a crochet project that I can work on in the car or other times I need an easy project. I had ended up with three hat projects. Two of which I had on car journeys but I had run out of yarn and hadn’t got around to going through stash to find more. I knew I would someday. This WIP KAL was the incentive to just do it.

First was the hat made with bulky yarn. I had very little left in stash and there was not enough to finish crocheting the hat. As knit fabric uses less yarn than crochet that’s the route I went, although I frogged the first pattern I tried.



The next hat was a pattern I had made a few times and when I ran out of yarn, I decided to make the medium size instead of the large. Although I had enough yarn for that I did not think the hat was big enough so it was completely frogged and a new pattern started where I could use many colours of yarn.



The third hat just needed to be finished. I knew I had plenty of yarn. All the time I was working on it Grandson kept on asking for his hat. It is now his. I have made this pattern many times, but this time I actually added the reverse crochet edge.



I now have no hats on the go, so for the time being my easy take along project will be my mitred square project.

No comments: