Knit Meter

Friday, February 15, 2019

Knitting or Sewing?

This is just an interlude until the next post containing photos. Which may be sewing projects or knitting projects as I have finished examples of both.

I have finished the two remaining blocks of my block-a-month project. Now they need to become a quilt. I have some ideas but no fabric, in the meantime I should finish the dress I am making for my granddaughter and the quilt for my nephew’s soon-to-be-baby. I have finished the top and have fabric in my stash for backing and plenty of batting. All that’s missing is the time to do it.

On the knitting front I have finished the Advent shawl that three of us decided to have as our little KAL. I would have finished on time if I hadn’t made it bigger. But now it is waiting for some decent pictures and as our weather is the opposite of decent I don’t know when that will happen. Also I have made a cardigan for the aforementioned baby, it needs buttons so no photos yet.

Despite the recent finished objects my WIPs don’t seem to be going down as I cast on a new project this week. Socks! Yes, everyone was surprised. My last finished pair was 24 December 2016 – Christmas socks for my husband. I did cast on a sock at the beginning of January 2017 but only got as far as the cuff before deciding yarn and pattern did not work together and haven't started any since.

E decided to knit Monkey socks. In the spirit of camaraderie, P and I decided we would knit them too although I have already knit a pair. P has finished hers and E wants to take her time. A quick look at my original project page showed I had started them on 10 February 2008, so the same day but this year seemed an obvious choice and plenty of time to choose (i.e. keep changing my mind) yarn. I thought about frogging the Hitchhiker, but I have plenty of yarn in my stash, so why use that now; then I thought about some yarn E had given me as that seemed appropriate; but I finally chose a dark red tweed yarn and love it. Despite implying at the beginning that there wouldn’t be any photos, this is my progress to date.



No comments: