Knit Meter

Saturday, September 28, 2019

A Finished Item

But not one of the WIPs. This was a quick project I made in August. I have been making an effort to work with yarn I have been given and this is a project I made with yarn my son gave me for my birthday. The yarn is Flicker by Berroco and is 87% alpaca, so very soft. Looking at Ravelry to see what other people had made with this yarn, I decided that a shoulder cozy would be a fun and useful item. I have made a couple of patterns by one designer and decided it was time to change it up so I purchased a pattern with a simple design from another designer. I ended up changing the pattern quite a bit but now I have basic pattern I can easily change because there are more in my future.

The pattern is Shoulder Cozy by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas. Their pattern is a simple garter stitch design using two stands of yarn held together. I used one strand of yarn and alternated rows of stocking stitch and reverse stocking stitch, also I worked the decrease rows at different points in the pattern and worked a different cast on and off. But now I have a basic pattern for this type of garment? accessory? and I know there are more in my future.



No comments: